Keeps crashing after refresh (F5)
issueid=582 08-20-2012 04:30 AM

Postview keeps crashing after i hit refresh (F5).

Are you any closer to figuring out why this is? Is seems to me it could be a reloading issue perhaps to do with file read/write permission i.e. that FEBio is still appending to the file while postview tries to load it in. For me it only happens when the job is still running. Could you test this by for instance preventing postview from loading the data if FEBio is appending information and by introducing a delay say between the point that FEBIo is finished appending to the export file and that it becomes free for postview to load in the results.

Thanks,

Kevin
Issue Details
Issue Number 582
Project PostView
Category Unknown
Status Unconfirmed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-22-2012 08:12 AM
Lead Code Developer
Hi Kevin,

On what platform is this? Can you send an feb file that is consistently causing PostView to crash?

Thanks,

Steve.

08-22-2012 08:28 AM
Apologies for the lack of details. I am using Windows 7 64-bit. It also occurs for two other colleagues (Windows 7) and one of them is using 32-bit. It seems to be independent of .feb file. It happens for any job but I'll try to find a .feb file you.

Kevin

08-28-2012 04:06 AM
I just got this error again a couple of times. It might happen more often when the animation is running and F5 is pressed.

Kevin

08-28-2012 06:35 AM
This is pretty repeatable now e.g. for the attached model it seems to always crash when its updating during an animation. It seems to be okay for now if I pause the simulation, hit f5 and then resume.

Kevin

11-14-2012 02:08 AM
This still occurs in the latest version on Windows 7 64-bit.

It only seems to occur when you hit f5 when FEBio has just finished an iteration and maybe is still writting the results.

Kevin

+ Reply