Postview crashes when adding data from file
issueid=681 07-29-2014 05:03 PM
Postview crashes when adding data from file
when I add a (mat3fs, elem) data file I get a crash and messages: EXC_BAD_ACCESS and KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

Hello, I have been having trouble adding a particular data file to Postview (902 elements, 107 timepoints). The data file is mat3fs, elem data in the specified csv format. While troubleshooting I truncated the full file and found that it would load with 1 element for all 107 time points, but not all 902 elements (or even 450, 225, or 15 elements). I also found that if I stopped my model after ~50 time points, the corresponding full data file with 902 elements would load. For several other smaller models, I am able to successfully load their corresponding data files. Is there some maximum size that I am exceeding with this model/data file? The messages I get from the crash handler are e.g. EXC_BAD_ACCESS and KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS.

I tried attaching files, but they exceeded the 4MB size limit. The .xplt is 19MB and my data file is 3MB. Please let me know if I can email them somewhere, etc.

Thanks,
Brian
Issue Details
Issue Number 681
Project PostView
Category Unknown
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-30-2014 10:50 AM
Lead Code Developer
Hi Brian,

If you email me the files (please zip them) I will take a look. (steve dot maas at utah dot edu).

Thanks,

Steve

07-30-2014 12:33 PM
Hi, Steve. Just emailed you the files.

Thanks,
Brian

07-30-2014 01:34 PM
Lead Code Developer
Per our email conversation, this issue is now resolved. For other users reading this post I just want to mention that the problem was that the line length for user data fields was limited to 4096 characters. In the next release this buffer size will be increased to 8192.

Cheers,

Steve

07-30-2014 02:50 PM
Hi, Steve. Thanks a lot for your help.

Best,
Brian

+ Reply