IBBM 2017

Hide Mesh Domains
issueid=719 06-18-2015 07:34 AM
Hide Mesh Domains
The possibility to isolate mesh domains for results visualisation in a multidomain mesh by hiding the neighbor domains

Dear FeBio team,
I am trying out a model where 3 3D domains are encapsulated in a cubic tissue block. It would be nice if not yet possible to have the ability to hide specific domains (in this case the tissue block which is used for model constraining in the postview and eventualy preview to be able to visualise localy the results and constrain local areas respectively. Thank you very much for taking this request under consideration.

Best regards,
Konstantinos Mountris.
Issue Details
Issue Number 719
Issue Type Feature
Project PostView
Category Unknown
Status Implemented
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-18-2015 07:55 AM
Dear all,
Sorry for this spam. Finally the feature I requested is available through the material manager of the postview. However it could be added in the preview also.
Many thanks,
Konstantinos.

06-22-2015 01:18 PM
Lead Code Developer
Hi Konstantinos,

We will have this capability in the upcoming release of PreView (version 1.17). You will be able to hide (and unhide) the parts of an object. This capability is supported through the Model Viewer: right-clicking on a part allows you to select hide/unhide from the popup menu. Or you can select the part in the Graphics View and select Edit/Hide (shortcut 'h'). Hopefully, this will address your needs. This version will come out in a couple of weeks, so give it a try and let us know if that works.

Cheers,

Steve

06-22-2015 01:38 PM
Dear Steve,
Happy to hear that. It will solve some problems that I have now hopefully. I am modeling a tissue block with different domains in the interior. I can select different domains and give them properties but I cant do the same for the surfaces of the regions. Only the surfaces of the outer block are available. I hope by hiding the block in version 1.7 to be able to do so. Thanks for the support.

Konstantinos

+ Reply