Active contraction in Transversely Isotropic Mooney-Rivlin
issueid=759 12-15-2016 11:17 AM
Active contraction in Transversely Isotropic Mooney-Rivlin

Hello,

I am trying to use the active contraction in the Transversely Isotropic Mooney-Rivlin model on a Mac. I tried running the test suite model (fi01.feb) in FEBio versions 2.4 and 2.5, but nothing happens in the model (No force acting on system). When I run the model using v 2.3, the model does what it's supposed to do (the bar contracts). My colleague ran the test suite model on a Linux using v. 2.4.3, so this seems to be a Mac issue affecting v.2.4 and 2.5 releases.

Thank you,
Kyoko
Issue Details
Issue Number 759
Project FEBio
Category Unknown
Status Unconfirmed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-26-2017 09:27 AM
Hi Kyoko,

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug on 2.4.2, 2.5.0 or 2.6.3 on the Mac. All these versions produce a contraction in this model (fi01.feb). As far as our records show, fi01.feb was last modified on August 14, 2015, so I am guessing that you are using the latest version.

Would you be able to post (or email me) another test problem that seems to fail?

Best,

Gerard

06-26-2017 03:42 PM
Hi Kyoko,

Thanks for emailing me the file you used. That file is an older version, which has one difference against the current file in the test suite:

The old file uses
<active_contraction lc="1">

The latest test suite file uses
<active_contraction>
<ascl lc="1">1</ascl>

If you make that change to your file it should run properly (please let me know otherwise).

Best,

Gerard

+ Reply