Output node displacement data error
issueid=764 05-23-2017 12:06 PM
Output node displacement data error
Outputting node displacements to data file does not output data for all nodes

When using the node_data element in the logfile element of the Output section, febio does not output data for all nodes. It stops short when outputting data for the last iteration of the last time step. This occurs when the control parameter output_level is set to OUTPUT_MAJOR_ITRS as well as OUTPUT_FINAL. I have not tried other output_level values.
Issue Details
Issue Number 764
Project FEBio
Category Unknown
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-25-2017 07:26 AM
Lead Code Developer
Hi,

I am not able to reproduce this issue with the latest release version 2.6.4. Please try it with that version and let us know if the issue persists.

Cheers,

Steve

05-25-2017 07:49 AM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. At first, running my model with febio 2.6.4 seemed to produce the same issue. However, after messing around a bit, I realized that reading the results file before or after typing quit in the febio command prompt made a difference. Reading the file after the simulation is done running but before exiting the febio application produces an incomplete data file with some nodes missing. Reading the file after typing quit in the febio command prompt to exit the febio application shows a complete data file with all nodes included. Sorry for the mixup. I was confused because this behavior does not occur when outputting data to the .log file.

Thanks,

Stephen

05-25-2017 11:03 AM
Lead Code Developer
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for clarifying this. I confirmed that when you run from the FEBio prompt, the data file was not flushed after the run completed. This issue will be fixed in the next release 2.6.5.

Cheers,

Steve

+ Reply