IBBM 2017

Interior Surface Boundaries
issueid=724 07-08-2015 02:14 AM
Interior Surface Boundaries
Strange visualisation for internal surfaces in multidomain mesh

Dear FeBio team,
I was trying out a multidomain mesh with the new version of Preview and I saw that the internal surfaces are not very well defined. In this example 3 organs are meshed inside a block of soft tissue. By inspecting the domains we can see that its organ is isolated but in the surface view the surfaces of the organs seem to be mixed with the surfaces of the tissue block. Also if we want to select individual internal surfaces is not possible.

Thank you for considering these issues and go on with your great work.

Best regards,
Konstantinos.
Issue Details
Issue Number 724
Project PreView
Category Unknown
Status Awaiting Feedback
Priority 2
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-08-2015 09:25 AM
Lead Code Developer
Hi Konstantinos,

Can you please upload this file so we can try to reproduce the issue on our end.

Thanks,

Steve

07-09-2015 01:43 AM
Dear Steve,
sorry for not sending you before the file. However it is kind of big so I will send it to you via email.

Cheers,
Konstantinos.

07-09-2015 09:51 AM
Lead Code Developer
Hi Konstantinos,

How was this model created? It seems strange that there are so many internal surfaces defined. Anyways, try the Rebuild tool on the Mesh panel. It recreates the internal surfaces using the connectivity of the mesh. Let me know if that solved the problem.

Cheers,

Steve

07-10-2015 02:24 PM
Hi Steve, I used ISO2MESH toolkit to build this mesh. You was right! By using the rebuild tool the surfaces were correctly setted. However if you try to select a single triangulated surface of the interior domains you cant because the surfaces in the mesh tab are not available for the interior. But the total surface of each domain is differentiated correctly.

Best regards,
Konstantinos

07-11-2015 07:17 AM
Dear Steve,
I would like to inform you for a new bug I find out. In the latest preview version 1.17.1 64bit version that I am using after converting the tet4 elements to tet10 the selection tools : select box, select circle, select free are not working. If i convert back to tet4 they are working correctly. I guess there is a bug in the elements selection.

Best regards,
Konstantinos.

07-11-2015 03:57 PM
Lead Code Developer
Hi Konstantinos,

This seems to be working for me. I tried it with that model you sent me before. After I convert from tet4 to tet10, I can still select elements using any of the selection tools. What OS are you using?

Steve

+ Reply