Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User's Manual Tutorials

Default User's Manual Tutorials

These are the input files for the tutorials in the PreView user's manual.
    Last edited by dsrawlins; 10-12-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks for these tutorials, i'm interested in this project!
    Last edited by mardo; 09-26-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Default Not a pure rotation

Hi,
    I have tried the twisted bar and it does not what it should. I have compared yours and mine files and I found that the only difference is, that you have the contact and constraints defined in the step 1, but I have it in the initial one. However, I did everything as it is in the tutorial. Then happens, that the bar is not only twisting, but also tilt slightly (even there are the restraints for the rigid body in the x,y,z direction and the rotation Ry, Ry as well. Note I have the same coordinate system).

How do I define that all the boundary conditions, contact and constraints are define not in the initial step but in the step 01?

Michala

Default Billet problem - bulging of the side wall

Hi,
    I have a question concerning the billet problem from the preview tutorial. When I define the rigid wall contact it is kind of an infinite plane, right? So how it is possible that the right side of my box bulged over this boundary? I attached the screen shot. Secondly, I know it is a basic mathematical stuff, but I just don´t see it right now – the equation for the plane with the coefficients a=0, b=1, c=0, d=-1 is then y-1=0. But doesn´t that mean that the plane intersects the y-axis at “1”? However, it is the bottom rigid wall, so it should be “-1”. Or I missed something?

Thanks
    Michala

Hi Michala,

It is probably easier if you can send us your input files. Then we can take a look at them and see where the potential problem lies.

Cheers,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Default Twisted Bar Problem

Hi,
    here is my twisted bar problem, which is actually not twisting I checked all the setting, but I still can’t see where the problem is.

Thanks
    Michala

Hi Michala,

When I run the file you attached, I do see the bar twisting, so I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Is the bar not twisting at all for you? Is it doing something else?

Steve.

Hi,
    it is twisting, but in the same time it bends/turns slightly. Moreover, it do not make so many turns as your example does. I have attached the screen shot of the final state of the tutorial example and mine. You can see now the difference in the behaviour of the bar.

Michala

Ah, I see, it looks like tutorial 3 has changed slightly from our initial version. I'll see if I can fix that. In any case, if you move the center of mass of the rigid body to 3,0,0.5 and increase the rotation angle to 3.14 (if I remember correctly) you should get the same answer.

Cheers,

Steve.

That helped, thank you.