IBBM 2017

Thread: Effective stress visible in an histogram

Default Effective stress visible in an histogram

Dear all,

I would like to see the repartition of the effective stress in an histogram (like the one for the minimal dihedral angle in the mesh inspector in PreView for instance). I know that we can do this with Post/Statistic but the histogramm is really hard to work with.

Is it possible?

Thank you!!

Best regards,

J?r?mie

Hi Jeremie,

There is simple histogram tool in PostView that you can access via the menu Post\Statistics. You can also save the histogram data from there. The other option is to export the raw data to a file (File\Export, then choose Ascii option) and then make your own histogram in some other program. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Hi Steve,

Thank for your answer!!

I think there are some issue with my statistics. Indeed, I have a model of about 800 k elements and I have only 3,000 values.

====> I understood how it works: it is not the exact values but the number elements in ranges.

Best regards,

J?r?mie
    Last edited by Jeremie_Viviani; 03-31-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Hi Steve,

I try to export the result with the ASCII option that you talk about. I export the data in .csv. However, it seems that the box "selection only" doesn't work. I see a similar problem in an old post "Selecting elements, outputing stresses Started by dmalicky, 01-13-2011 01:54 AM". But there is no solution displayed.

Is this function fixed?

Best regards,

J?r?mie

Hi Jeremie,

I confirm that the "Selection only" is not working with element data. After checking the code it looks like it only works for node selections. I'll see if this is an easy fix and report back.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Steve,

How can I see average von Mises stress in PostView? I went through your older posts, I guess von Mises is called Effective Stress in Post View but I need to find the average von Mises stress. Also, is it possible to export data to hyperview or abaqus odb?

Thank you,

Dara