IBBM 2017

Thread: Auto-Partition Parts

Default Auto-Partition Parts

Hello,

I recently downloaded the newest version of PreView (1.20), and it seems that the auto-partition feature has been removed? I'm trying to import some joint models with bones and cartilage, but now I can't seem to find a way to partition these anatomical structures. I suppose I could mesh the cartilage and bones separately and import them separately then merge them in PreView, but is there an easier - more automatic - way of doing this?

Thank you,

Lance

Hi Lance,

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Nothing has been removed related to file import or partitioning as far as I can remember. Can you be a bit more specific about what you had expected PreView to do and what it is doing for you?

Thanks,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

FEBio Auto-Partition Picture.PNG

Hi Steve,

In my previous version, I had this check-box menu when I imported parts, but in the new version it's not giving me any option like this. I may be missing something in plain site, though?

Lance

Hi Steve,

I'm just checking in here on an old thread to see if you've looked into this. I still am unable to auto-partition parts when I import, what should be, multi-part models using the latest version of PreView

Thank you,

Lance