IBBM 2017

Thread: How to change febio_spec version in preview?

Default How to change febio_spec version in preview?

I recently (<1 week) downloaded PreView, Febio and PostView.

I am having problems with assigning a load in the form of a deforming surface pressure. I get the warning "No forces acting on model". I might do something wrong, but I am starting to think this is a bug. I've downloaded a working example written in febio_spec 2.5 were this load is defined under <surface_load> whereas in my PreView generated 1.2 .feb file it is defined under <pressure>.

For some reason the output .feb file from my recently downloaded PreView starts with <febio_spec version="1.2"> even though the latest version should be 2.5. Is this a bug? Can PreView be told to output in the latest format?

Regards

Hi,

When you export a model to the FEBio format, you should get a dialog box that allows you to set the "compatibility mode", and choose between the different output options. If you don't see that I'm guessing you are using an older version of PreView. Try upgrading to the latest version (1.20) and let us know if the issue is fixed.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

My mistake. When running Febio from "Tools/Run..." version 1.2 seems to be assumed. I had missed File/Export. Now everything seems to work fine and I can choose 2.0 or 2.5 instead.

Thanks,

Jonas

Ah, indeed. I'll have to update the default output from Tools/Run. Thanks for catching that. I'll have that fixed in the upcoming release 1.21.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah