IBBM 2017

Thread: Bug Partitioning and Select Faces of an Imported Hex Mesh

Default Bug Partitioning and Select Faces of an Imported Hex Mesh

Hello, I would like to report a Bug couple bugs I am running into. Over the past two days I have uninstalled and reinstalled Preview a dozen times trying to partition a model into two parts. The part was Meshed in Bolt 2.0 and exported as an Abaqus file so it could be imported into FEBio. Once the model was imported I go to the Mesh Panel and use the select element tool to split my mesh into the parts I need. Then crash.

A couple occasions, the crash did not happen so I saved and moved on to the next part of my flow process and used the select faces tool to select the faces I need to name and use to connect my model to the rigid bodies that will be loaded into the work space. Then Crash.

These bugs have prevented me from moving forward with my project. Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

John

Hi John,

My first recommendation is to make sure you are using the latest version of PreView. If that doesn't solve the problem, it would be very helpful if you could send us a small test file and some detailed instructions on how to reproduce the issue on our end.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah